Twenty-five years ago, over deep-dish Green Mill pizza and some drink, a small group of visionaries re-imaged Jewish life in the Twin Cities.
Today, we celebrate these past 25 years and we launch ourselves into the vision and the dream of the next 25 years of an open, dynamic, blossoming Jewish synagogue community. Please view the details about Chazak L'Atid
- Born at that table would be stories of Jewish promise and possibility: young men and women who would hold the Torah for the first time; Jews by choice who would be embraced by a wider Jewish family; people finding the first spiritual home that would celebrate every aspect of their humanity.
- Born at that table was a commitment to prophetic Jewish justice for the next generation: speaking out against gun violence; for marriage equality; resettling a Somali refugee family; raising awareness against the genocide in Darfur.
- Shir Tikvah was born at that table.
- Pay off our mortgage on the synagogue building;
- Bring our investment reserve (the Shir L'Atid Fund) to $1 million.
- Seed a new fund to support innovation and progressive programming named in loving memory of congregant Caryl Barnett.